December 1, 2009

November 30, 2009

Hey Everybody!
Life is good right now. I´m really enjoying my new companion, Elder Sabey. We get along very well. He´s very cool and fun to be around and we both work well together. He is what I needed to be honest. We have big plans to change things here in the branch. I am extremely excited! I hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving. We didn´t have any celebration here and the day was kind of lame because I was thinking about turkey and pie the whole time. What I wouldn´t give for a slice of pie.
The mission is good. Last week we had some pretty big rain storms the whole week. It made it tough to find people and get stuff done. We also had a ton of meetings with the district presidency about how to manage a branch. I have learned a lot from this experience. Yesterday (Sunday) the rain almost stopped our church meetings. The building was flooded and the lights were out. For about an hour we cleaned up the place and got it ready for worship. We only had 19 people there and we started a little late waiting for people. Luckily for me, the speakers showed up so I didn´t have to wing one again. That made it easier for me! I´m having to do much of the branch work for now because my companion is new and doesn´t know everything. In a couple of weeks it won´t be so difficult to get things going. Well I don´t have much more to say. Things are going fine and I´m just absolutely loving the mission! I hope all is well with you all.
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: