November 24, 2009

November 24, 2009

Hey Everyone!!!
Life is going by just fine. Time is just moving right along as we get into the holiday season! I always get a little trunky this time of year because of all of the family gatherings...wish I could be there but I´m doing a great work out here. So yesterday we had transfers. That meant that me and my comp had to travel 5 hours to get to the city. We travel in a micro, which is a double-decker travel bus. The ride is always long but it gives me time to think about things and also for naps every now and then. That´s why I didn´t write you yesterday. After Transfer meeting got over and me and my new companion, Elder Sabey, hopped on the first micro to 9 de Julio. Let´s just say we got home at 1:30 am. To tell you a little bit about Elder Sabey, he is from Littleton, Colorado. He is the youngest in his family and right now his parents are serving as mission presidents in Ghana, Africa. He has one more transfer than me in the mission and he just barely came out of the offices to be the new branch president. He is very cool, clean and organized, and an all-around good person. All I can say is...FINALLY!!! We are going to work very well together. He already has some very good ideas for the branch and how we are going to carry out our callings. Let´s just say I´m very content with transfers.
As for Thanksgiving...doesn´t exist here. Go figure! One of the best holidays of all time and Argentina doesn´t have it. However, luckily for me there are two older missionary-couples in my zone that are going to cook us a turkey lunch next Tuesday when we have our District meeting. Better late than never I say. I will be enjoying it that´s for sure!
Well, I hate to admit it by my time here in the mission is coming closer to an end. I only have, get this, 6 transfers left including this one, and 8 months is all that I have to finish. It is going by quite fast, especially with all the responsibility of the branch in our hands. Before you know it I´ll be home in August. Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and don´t eat too much turkey!!!
Chau,
Elder Page

No comments: