December 7, 2009

Dec. 7, 2009

Hey Everybody!!!
I´m so glad that you had an awesome Fast and Testimony meeting. I wish we could have one of those. During our meeting, everyone had gotten up and said how happy they were in the church. Being the way I am, I got up and said, "I am so glad that we are all happy. I am happy too but I am not content. Look around you and see the empty chairs. What families are not here today? Let us be happy but not content." Then I advised them to call up the families that didn´t show, find out why, and then invite them for the next Sunday. We will see how it works out.
I hope the Christmas Devotional was good. I wasn´t able to see it due to the hour that it was put on...bummer!
I´m glad to hear that the family is doing fine. That always makes me feel better.
Elder Sabey and I are doing well. We just actived a part-member family and hopefully we will get the whole family baptized. We are passing by a lot of old investigators. There seem to be some promising results from those visits. However, not one investigator we taught came to church and our baptismal dates all fell because of that. It´s heartbreaking to watch an investigator not progress like they could. It absolutely tears my soul apart. I want so bad for this branch to progress and become a ward but it´s taking more work than I imagined. It is possible though and I never lose hope! We should never lose hope. It helps drive our faith which leads us to righteous action. I have learned that many times from the mission. Discouragement should only lead us to working harder and rising above the obstacles in order to complete what is important.
I want to leave you with a quote from Elder Bednar at the close of his remarks. He said, "Elders and Sisters, IT IS ALL TRUE." Those words gave me an assurance of what I am doing is the right thing. I know this is where I need to be because it is all true. Never forget that. Never doubt and never ever question. Doubt comes from Satan and is the end result of a lack of faith. Stay strong and steadfast and always keep the faith!
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: