December 22, 2009

December 22, 2009

Dear Everyone,
Things are going pretty well. My comp is awesome and I enjoy working with him a lot. Our branch is doing much better. Elder Sabey and I have activated a part family and an ex-branch president so far. The assistence in the chapel is growing a little bit higher each Sunday and we are finally forming bonds of unity in our branch. If things continue then all will be well here in 9 de Julio.We had our mission Christmas party yesterday in the offices. We had to travel Sunday after church to get there and we got back at about 1:00 am today. I´m still a little tired but it was well worth it. We had a presentation of skits, a Christmas gift exchange, and a barbeque to top it all off. Plus, I got to see all of my good friends. For your information, the only Christmas tradition in Argentina is not to have Christmas traditions. That was kind of a joke but normally the people light off fireworks Christmas Eve after eating a big barbeque dinner. It´s not much but it´s something. It´s better for me because when it´s hot outside and you don´t see anything that makes you think of Christmas you just don´t get that trunky.
So yeah, things are moving right along. I should have another transfer here in the country but I might just get sent back out to Buenos Aires because a ton of missionaries left early in order to make it home for Christmas. We will see what happens.
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy it!! Remember that Jesus Christ should be our main focus in our lives, especially during this Christmas season. I hope you all feel the Christmas spirit and do some service for someone who just doesn´t have as much as you.
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: