December 28, 2009

December 28, 2009

Hey Everyone!
How are you all doing? I hope things are just great back home and that you enjoyed your Christmas. I enjoyed my Christmas even though it didn´t feel like I thought it would. It was very hot and not as many fireworks were lit off like I had hoped. However, we missionaries all got together as a zone and enjoyed Christmas together. We watched some Christmas movies and then played soccer to end the night. It was fun. We also had a chicken and mashed potato lunch before going back to our relative areas. It was fun and it made it hard to get back to work the next day. Ok, it wasn´t hard, just mundane because nobody was outside and we just rode our bikes up and down the streets. Talk about fun huh? On Saturday we had our Branch End-of-the-Year Party. Let´s just say that the brother in charge of it didn´t do his job and Elder Sabey and I had to take control of everything. We made several supermarket trips for dinky little stuff that the members forgot. Come Sunday, there were still pieces of food in the kitchen and several things to clean up. It was less than exciting to say the least. But the good news is that most of them went to church the next day so I won´t complain.
We aren´t going to have any baptisms this transfer because our investigators didn´t go to church yesterday. Bummer. They will likely get baptized next transfer (which is in a week) and become members of the most awesome church in all of the world. Tomorrow I have interviews with President Benton. That will be great! I just love talking to him and getting to know him better. He is quite an awesome guy. He always gets me excited about the mission.
I really enjoyed the phone call!! It was great to hear all of the voices that I´m used to. I had some trouble figuring out who was talking for a while better after a couple of minutes I was back on track. I don´t think I could have asked for a better present than to talk to you all. Sorry for not having too much to say. Things don´t really change in the mission and I didn´t know what to talk about. I could go on and on about the branch and the mission but it eventually ends up being all the same stuff that I´ve already told you. Either way I´m glad you enjoyed it too.
I hope you have a great New Year´s. I hope you guys make some good goals and get them accomplished!! I have several things that I want to change and I´ll do it.
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: