November 2, 2009

November 2, 2009

Hey Everyone!!!
How are you all? This week for me was kind of tough but I do have some pretty cool stories! So our 2nd counselor officially got released. He is still talking bad about us missionaries which is a shame. It sad to see something like that happen. Things are really busy here. First off on Friday there was a huge storm that passed through here. There were many houses that had the roofs torn off and several homeless people after the storm. It gave us the opportunity to do service and donate needed items in behalf of the church. Everybody here exaggerated how bad the storm was. They made it sound like a tornado had passed through or something but it was still bad. Also, on Tuesday night, coming back from Buenos Aires, we were involved in a crash. The travel bus we were in was cut off by a car, in which the car hit the front bumper of the bus. After that, the driver had to slam on his brakes to avoid a stopped trailer in the road and we slid off into the embankment and into a ditch. The bus almost tipped over on its side but luckily it did not. It was quite an interesting experience I tell you what. My companion was pretty scared but I just sat there bored as ever. I personally thought it would have been cooler had the bus tipped completely over. But hey, we can´t have everything we want, can we. But don´t worry, I am just fine and nothing happened to me or anybody in the bus. It just gave some of the people quite a scare.
This week one of our investigators showed up to church for the first time solo! We took out a baptismal date with him that same day for the 21 of November. His name is Juan Carlos and is a good man. I am very excited for him and it´s great to see the work move forward here.
I hope Halloween was fun. It doesn´t exist here. I just had a boring Saturday night in the apartment dreaming of treat-or-treating. Oh well...
So, that´s the news from me. I hope everything is just going fine and that you all don´t miss me too much!!
Later,
Elder Page

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I spent a great time last month in Buenos Aires. I rented a furnished apartment in Palermo, Buenos Aires, near the down town.
Cheers,
Morgan