October 6, 2009

Oct. 5, 2009

Hey Everyone,
Who all loved conference?? ME!!! I will agree with you all and say that it was certainly the bomb! The speakers threw down hard core on everyone. I was lucky enough to see the Saturday sessions in English. I wasn´t able to see Priesthood Session, yes I´m still bumbed about it, because of traveling circumstances. Conference is Spanish is weird because I understand everything they say but it just doesn´t hit me as hard. I think that I still receive revelation in English which made it hard to take good notes. But, the messages where absolutely awesome!!! They really stepped up the spirituality level.
Sadly, there is no Halloween celebration here. The people sort of know what Halloween is but don´t do anything about it. How lame huh? What´s even more ridiculous is that they have holidays for just about everything...but don´t celebrate the American favorites like Halloween and Thanksgiving. Oh well...
So the mission life is good. We had some more rumors and back-biting in church so we had even more interviews with the District Presidency. Of course everyone is on our side, minus the rumor-spreaders. Anyway, after several cane droppings we received apologies from those members and hopefully all will come out well. Today we had our Zone activity. We have 2 missionary couples in our zone and they made us a classic "Sunday Dinner" which consisted of roast beef, Idaho mashed potatos and gravy, and ice cream. It was delicious!! We also got to watch "The Other Side of Heaven" while eating. It was definitely what I needed to keep me going. At least some people want to give us food here. Also, on Wednesday we have interviews with our dear President Benton. He is so cool and an inspiration to me.
Well, I hope you all really enjoyed conference. Now, let´s put it into practice and share the gospel with EVERYONE!!!
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: