September 1, 2009

Sept. 1, 2009

Hey Everybody!!
Things are going great here in the mission. So yeah we finally had transfers! I got sent out to the country where we have fields and cows. To get there I had to take a 5 hour bus ride. Crazy huh? My area is called 9 de Julio. Here we have a branch. My companion, Elder Gomez from New Jersey, is the Branch President and I´m his 1st Councilor. It´s really interesting. Half of our responsabilities are taking care of the branch. Elder Gomez said that we have to do tithing and all that jazz. It should be really cool. I am very excited. We already have a few baptisms planned and we are working really hard. Elder Gomez is my mission brother. Elder Sosa, my trainer, also trained Elder Gomez. I´m just really happy to be somewhere else and with someone else. Also, we are the only two missionaries who have bikes in our mission!! I never thought I would ride a bike here but this area is the "Pilot Area" for the bikes. I like it a lot. Contacts are kind of weird because we have to stop in front of people to talk to them. Either way, I like it. My area is huge. It covers a lot of ground. It´s going to take me a while to get these streets memorized.
The mission is exploding right now. We broke another record with 192 baptisms in the transfer. It was awesome!!! I´m a little nervous for my first Sunday here. I don´t really know how a branch works so I´ve got a lot of learning to do. I have the assignment of teaching the young men and women class. We will see how that goes. But yeah, I am very content with transfers. I hope you all are doing well. Good luck with school and all that good stuff. Be strong and KEEP THE FAITH!!!
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: