September 16, 2009

Sept. 7, 2009

Dear Everyone,
Transfers were really exciting!! Elder Gomez and I are tearing it up here!! I taught the YM and YW last Sunday. It was interesting. There were a couple of roudies in the room so I played the hard drill sargeant on them in class. I ended up taking them to Primary so they could "play with the kids." It was funny. Now that I´ve got them on the leash I´ll be able to teach them without any problems.
As for working in the country...I LOVE IT!!! We have to take buses everywhere far away and we ride bikes in our area. The people are still kind of mean but not as much. The ones who listen to us are awesome!! Our biggest challenge is getting people to quit smoking but other than that we are exploding here. We are going to have 2 baptisms this Saturday, maybe 4, depending on if the people smoked. Right now we have 9 baptismal dates and 6 went to church on Sunday!!! I´m absolutely loving it. Here we get a lot of referrals because we participate in a radio program called Angels Among Us. People call us at the station if they need help or something like that. We get to help out many people and it´s great!! Half of our baptisms are coming from the radio!!! We have a couple of families that are great!! I´m truly blessed to be here in 9 de Julio. I hope things are going well for you all.
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: