August 4, 2009

August 4, 2009

Hey Everybody!!
So word on the street (and the date) tells me that the rodeo just came to town. Oh man how do I miss the rodeo. I remember a year ago, haha, that I couldn´t go because I was heading off to the MTC. So I´ve missed another one. What can ya do?
The mission is treating me just fine. Today we had Temple P-Day. It was really rewarding. After doing the session, they asked us if we could stay longer and participate in sealings for families. It was really cool. The sealer was a nice guy and told us some of the more interesting things about the sealings, such as the words they use and the blessings that are promised to a couple. It opened my mind a little bit more.
So I´m still working harder and giving it all I got. I get so tired some times and I always have troubles waking up at 6:30. Every now and then I get leg pains from walking so much. My flat feet don´t help at all either. Oh well, it´s not all that bad. At least I can walk!! We have several really good investigators. Our problem is church assistence. I don´t know what more I can do for these people. I commit them and commit them and pass by on Sunday but nothing. If they don´t get to church they can´t get baptized. It´s one of Satan´s powers here. Our goal for this week as a companionship is to have five investigators in sacrament meeting. Please pray for that miracle! On the bright side, we should have a baptism next Saturday! It´s always exciting to have a baptism.
So I´ve got 4 more weeks in MorĂ³n. Yeah, I´m counting down. I hoping for a change and quick! Walking the same streets over and over is getting boring. The same thing happened in La Perlita. 6 months in the same place is just way too long. On the bright side, I will be missed. All the members are sad that I´ll be going. I have made some really good friendships here. As for new news, next week we have interviews with Pres. Benton. That will be exciting. They are always wonderful and I love to chat with The Pres. He´s a stud and a spiritual giant. I always get a second wind after talking with him.
Remember to stay positive. Everything always works out with a good attitude! I know God will bless you all with His love and support if the faith is there.
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: