July 14, 2009

July 14, 2009

Hey Everyone!
I hope you all had a fantastic week! I´m pleased to inform you all that last week was really good for me! We found a really good lady, Raquel, on Saturday and we already put a baptism date for the 8th of August! She´s one of those golden contacts you always hear about. Also, we are having a baptism this week on Saturday! So I´m pretty content with myself right now. Things are going swell and I´m enjoying the mission as always. The only real bad news is that I´m getting tired of my kid. He thinks he knows everything and can never be wrong. I found out the best way to deal with it is just let him talk and talk so he feels he´s right. But, I have learned how to be really patient. I guess there´s a plus to everything huh? But yeah, transfers are next Monday and I´m hoping for a change. My guess is that it won´t come until the upcoming transfer. Either way, I was thinking that it´s not too bad to only suffer a couple of months in the mission. The time will go by anyway. Speaking of time, I´m closing in on the year and you know what that means...only 1 year more! I would definitely say that the time has gone by fast and word in the mission is that the 2nd year always goes by faster. I guess we´ll find out!
So, today I went into the city to buy some ties. I am now a tie-buying fanatic now just so you know. But anyway, a lady stopped us in the street because she was trying to get us to sign up computer classes and language classes. Well, we told her no and then she spurted back, "For being friends of Jesus you two are bad." It gave me a good laugh. As for spiritual experiences, yesterday is a winner. So, it was late at night and there was nobody in the streets. So, I stopped by a member´s house to ask if any less-áctives lived close. She pointed out a house and gave me the name so I went to check it out. I knock on the door and she lets us in. It turns out that she was having troubles going back to church and so she prayed until 2 in the morning to see if God wanted her to go. Well, long story short, she took our visit as an answer and she´s going to church on Sunday! It was pretty awesome! So that´s about all that has happened this week. It was a good one and the mission is awesome. I figure all is well and another transfer with my kid will help me a lot with developing more patience and learning how to control my "angry thoughts" hahahaha!!! That was a joke, ok, half-a-joke. But still, I think I´ll be able to deal with it.
Until next week.
ELDER PAGE

No comments: