May 26, 2009

HAPPY BIIRTHDAY!!!

Hey Everyone!!!
Well, I just turned 20 but I don´t feel any different...what can you expect? I´ve had a pretty good day so far. This morning I got up, cleaned the apartment a little, and played some ping pong with my companion. Then, I went to a member´s house where we had my birthday party!!! We ate a lot of cake and had a good time. I really miss being home for stuff like this but hey, what can ya do? I´m having enough fun here anyway. Also, Pres. and Sis. Benton gave me a call to wish me a happy birthday in the morning. So everything is going just fine.
The mission life is fantastic as always. We finally got a baptismal date set for the 27 of June. His name is Cristian and he is 7 right now. We´ve been teaching his family and so he will be the first to be baptized. I´m going to have to work really hard to get the parents baptized because they aren´t married yet. That will be a struggle and we´ll see what happens.
I´m doing really well in general. I haven´t been sick lately and I got a second wind to start working really hard again so I´m excited and ready to see what this week has in store for me. Just so you know I´ve gained about 10 pounds so far. I´m not exactly fat it´s just that my muscles are going away and my belly is a little chubby. That just means more situps and jump rope!!
As for good stories, I was in divisions with my district leader doing contacts and a guy stopped us in the road. We went over and started talking to him. Well, after about 5 minutes this man´s friend comes over with a big glass jar full of...guess what...weed. It was huge!! Even funnier was that he then said, "Hey, it´s nature." Wow!! I´m pretty sure I´ve seen just about everything here. Argentina is interesting to say the least. Well, hope you all have a really good week!!
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: