April 7, 2009

April 7, 2009!

Hey Everyone!!
I hope you all had a good Spring Break. I´m still totally loving the mission. Nothing tops this experience. I feel so good when I have done all that I can to help someone change their lives. It´s really disappointing at the same time. People are too laid back here. If you were on vacation here it would rock but I´m talking about people´s SALVATION!!! They just don´t seem to click that they need to change in order to get to heaven. It is frustrating, especially the people who have baptism dates and fall through. They just don´t take these things seriously enough...AHHH!!!! I never realized how much stress goes into the mission. I need to take a week off or something...but then I would get behind in the work. Freak!! I need a day to vent or something...oh well. I guess it´s a good thing that I´m preoccupied about souls instead of music or movies huh?
How about General Conference? I really liked Elder Perry´s talk about the members being missionaries. It was a nice booster. Also, how many talks were given about the temples? WOW!! Elder Bednar really gave an outstanding talk. Those were my two favorite talks.
Also, this week I spent most of the time sick. Not enough to keep me from the streets but it made it miserable to work. I just got over a nasty cough/cold thing and I´ve moved into the sore throat stages. Oh well, let it all come down on me then.
Just so you all know I only have 2 more general conferences here in Argentina. The time flies that´s all I know. It´s just more motivation to work harder that´s all. I´ve only got a year and a half to do everything possible to change this place. Wish me luck!!
-Elder Page

No comments: