February 19, 2009

Feb. 17 2009

Hello!!!
I´m doing just fine here in Argentina minus the heat. It´s just really hot all of the time and when it´s not hot it´s humid. Anyway, things are still good and the work moves onward!!
Elder Lee and I have been working really hard. We finally had an investigator in sacrament meeting and luckily she loved it! We have a baptismal date for her on the 7th of March. Things are progressing in the area. We have 3 baptismal dates now and we plan on getting another this week. It´s awesome to finally see all of the work pay off. It´s hard to get the ball rolling on the mission but once you do and you start getting some good things going even better things happen! If you haven´t noticed yet I´m absolutely loving the mission! There is nothing better than seeing people put in effect the Atonement of Jesus Christ and change their lives in order to follow the plan that God has in store for all of us.
Nothing really exciting happened this week. I do have kind of an interesting story just to tell you all how Argentina really is. So we have these less-active members who are 10 and 12. We went by their house the other day and it´s huge!! It turns out their parents have quite a lot of money. So, I asked the bishop where this guy got all of his cash. Get this, he told me that the whole family is a family of robbers. I didn´t believe him at first but then I saw the house and there is no way that they could have such a nice house with the type of "work" that they claimed to do. Anyway, welcome to Argentina. Also, the wards here are quite different. I´ve spent a lot of time trying to fix relationships in the Relief Society because the President likes to drop the cane on everyone in front of the whole ward. There are many offended members (mostly women) in our ward who don´t go to church because of this one person. The more faithful members go to church but still skip Relief Society class. It´s really ridiculous but it happens often in many of the wards here.
Well, I´m doing great and I´m glad to be serving the Lord. I have seen a lot of miracles here I´m sure there are a ton more just waiting around the corner.
Remember to keep strong in the faith and never doubt the Lord even in the time of trial. He´s always there watching, sometimes we just have to look up and realize He´s there.
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: