February 10, 2009

Feb. 10, 09

Hello People!!!
From the things I´ve been hearing about America I´m really glad to be in Argentina. Geez I guess we know what happens when Elder Page leaves the country. Don´t worry, I´ll be back in a couple of years. Today we had our Temple P-Day which was awesome! I really enjoyed it. One thing that always makes me feel better is knowning that our church doesn´t change no matter where you go. It´s almost sad to think of all the other churches (or branches of churches) that just don´t share the same beliefs if you go somewhere else. It´s just another testimony of the TRUE church of God. My testimony has grown so much here! I never thought that the mission would be such a life-changing experience but when you have the opportunity to share a testimony everyday it really grows. I never realized how important it was to share a testimony until now. It´s the one thing that can´t be argued because I really know that the church is true and that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet of God to restore the same church that Jesus Christ himself established.
Elder Lee and I are really putting forth an effort here. We are working really hard and have set the goal to obey every single one of the mission rules because the Lord blesses the obedient. Hopefully I´ll be able to see the blessings sooner than later (baptisms) but as long as the work in my area progresses I´m satisfied. We have some really good things going for us and we just need to get our investigators to realize the importance of committing to live the Gospel.
I´m really loving the mission. My testimony grows stronger every day and I know that this is the Lord´s work. I know the church is true and that we are led by a living prophet who receives revelation from our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the head of the restored church of God.
So Valentines Day is coming up. As for Argentina and V-Day, they don´t celebrate it. Truthfully, the last thing this country needs is a day dedicated to love. I see enough of that yucky junk every day in the streets. Crazy Argentines...
Anyway, keep the faith and don´t lose hope! The Lord will always bless you if you´re doing what´s right.
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: