February 24, 2009

Feb. 24, 2009

Wow February is alreading coming to an end. The time is just flying by faster than I ever thought possible. I´m doing really great right now. The mission is treating me swell. I have no clue what I would do if I wasn´t here. I think my life would be a mess. I feel that this is where I need to be right now. For an update on the investigators and fechas (bapt. dates) Elder Lee and I are really going at it strong. I´ve been for 3 transfers and I´m in the 4th so I´m going to be leaving my area. We put the goal of 4 baptisms for this transfer but I think we are only going to have 3. We had a big rainstorm Saturday night so it was really tough to get all of the investigators to church. We ended up passing by all of our b-dates 2 times with Remis (cheap taxis) but we got all of them there! We had another gator that is really good but didn´t show up. We were pretty bummed about that. But we had a really good week and we are going to have a baptism on the 7th and two planned for the 14th. 2 of the 3 are really solid but they other has a lot of work to do. He has a lot of faith. He told us that he drinks, smokes, and has a cup of coffee every now and then but he still accepted his baptismal date and is working hard. He´s already smoking 5 less ciggs and has the hope that he can quit altogether. It´s amazing to see the faith of these people. They haven´t ever heard of our message but are willing to change in a heartbeat. Of course there are others that are stubborn. We do get rejections here but most people are cool and will listen to us. It´s really great to see the work go forth in an area with so much promise. I don´t know if I would be able to handle any other place. The missionary work is hard but here in Argentina we see success really quickly which is a blessing. So I´m really loving being here and being a "soul-saver" as I like to call it.
Elder Lee, my companion, is from good ole Logan, Utah. He went to Logan High, played football, and went to USU before the mission. His the youngest in his family (I think) with 2 older brothers (RM´s) and a sister who is serving a mission in Mongolia. He has 1 more transfer than me so we are one of the youngest companionships in the mission right now. But he´s a hard worker, obedient, and very spiritual so we work really well together and we are seeing a lot of changes in the people and we are having a lot of success!! It really great!
The gospel is true and it will never let you down. In your troubles comes the grace and true love of God to lift you up and carry you on His back. One thing that I´ve learned from the mission is that sometimes you have to hit rock-bottom so that God can lift you up higher than you ever thought. I´m seen many miracles happen and the Lord´s work come about first-hand. I´m grateful that God has trusted me to be one of His holy servants, an instrument that He uses to fulfill His eternal purpose. Without His power I would be nothing out here. I know that God lives. I know that this is His Church. Stay strong and never forget the Lord´s hand in all things.
Later,
Elder Page

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Elder Page, I finally read your comment to my comment about the Romanos, thanks man. I can be reached on e-mail at troyj (at sign) byu dot net. (I don't type it out to avoid the spammers that troll web sites like this!) I would love to hear from the Romanos! Keep up the great work. Troy Johnson ,

Anonymous said...

Consider it done. Just so you know Elder Johnson is still a legend here.
-Elder Page