January 20, 2009

Jan. 20, 2009

Hey everyone!!
Everything is going just fine here in Argentina! Elder Rupp and I are still working hard. Our dream of a "White Saturday" has kind of been impided as the people who were receiving our message just kind of stopped listening...It´s a bummer but we still have one baptismal date for the 31st! Hopefully we can get that baptism done (he´s a really old investigator who just needs to get baptized). Anyway, I am still really enjoying my time here!! And guess what?! Come January 30 I officially have 6 months under my belt! I don´t know where the time has gone...it´s really crazy! I´m going to have to find a way to celebrate it. Maybe with a really successful week and some baptismal dates! That would be sweet!
I feel that I have a good grasp on the basic gospel principles now and I absolutely love to teach!!! Sometimes I won´t leave a contact unless I can get a lesson in. I feel a little bit like Alma when he said that he wished he could preach the gospel to everyone. I´m even thinking of putting in a request in order to be the 4th Nephite Elder teaching people!!! Who knows, it could happen!
The language is coming. I speak better everyday but I still don´t understand very much. That´s why I have a companion. I just ask him what they tell me so I can respond. Eventually I´ll get this language down!!!
I have a pretty interesting story for ya too! So I was in Divisions with an Elder in his area. We contacted this guy who was trying to put his key in a door. I went up and asked him if it was his house. He told me no, but that we could go around the corner with him to teach a lesson. As we were walking around the corner, a man whacked our contact over the head with a broomstick and then shouted some mean words. Anyway, turns out that our contact got pretty drunk in the morning and didn´t show up to work. The guy who whacked him on the head had some reason to do it I guess. Well, we taught the man anyway and left him to sleep off the wine. It was a little interesting to say the least.
Well, things are swell! I´m loving the mission more everyday. A lot of times I wish I had more hours in the day to work. It´s a shame that I have to sleep and it´s ALMOST a shame that I have to eat! But anyway, things are just moving right along and I´m having a blast!
Chao,
Elder Page.

No comments: