January 13, 2009

Jan. 13, 2009

Hello everyone!!
I hope everything is just fine at home. I´m doing great. Nothing much has really changed. The time still moves and I just work work work!! I don´t have any problem with that though. I love the work and I´m just glad to be here.
Hmmm, I really don´t have too much to say. Nothing changes on the mission. I´m glad that you are all receiving such awesome blessings!! That´s pretty sweet!
I do have a pretty funny story though. So Elder Rupp and I were talking to a 7th Day Evangelist the other day. We got on the subject of the Book of Mormon and why he didn´t believe there were other scriptures in the earth. It was funny because he said that he believes in the Bible and that his church is based partly on the book of Revelations. We showed him where it says that an angel came out of the heavens and brought forth another set of scriptures (book of mormon). Guess what his answer was to this? He tolds us that his church "doesn´t accept that teaching in the Bible." He said it without any shame or anything. We were like, Freak, you guys don´t believe in the Bible? Well he didn´t have an answer. People here really like to pick and choose what they want to believe from the Bible. I´ve learned a lot about the other churches here. What they do and don´t believe and stuff like that. It just strengthens my testimony about our church because everything that´s in the Bible we believe. We don´t pick or choose what we want to follow, we just do it!
Oh, my companion and I got challenged by some members in a game of basketball today. The bet was if we won, they had to buy us a kilo of icecream and do divisions with us for 5 days. If we lost, we would´ve had to make them breakfast American-style and buy them icecream. Well, we played today and we won 21-4!!! It was a blast and now I´ve got divisions with members!! It´s pretty sweet!
Anyway, I´m having a blast and I´m loving the mission!!!
Later,
Elder Page

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I served in La Perlita back in 1986. What a great area it is. Is Carlos Romano still there. Send Saludos to him from Troy Johnson.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Johnson,
I talked with Flia Romano on Sunday and they said that they remember you quite well. They would love your address, phone number, etc or any way that they could get in contact with you. Oh, ellos mandan saludos y besos también.
-Elder Page