December 23, 2008

Dec. 23, 2008

Wow this week was definitely the BEST week of my mission so far!!! It was so awesome to perform a baptism! The girl I baptized, Noelia, is 9 years old and in a part-member family. The baptism went really well and I didn´t mess up the Spanish either! There´s no way that I can described how awesome it was to baptize someone. It reminds me of the scripture in D&C about "how great shall be your joy if you bring but 1 soul unto me". That´s what I´m feeling right now!! It´s really great because I got a second wind from it and I want to work harder than ever now!!!
Christmas in Argentina is celebrated the same with presents and junk but it´s different. The people have trees and lights, but it´s just not as big here. There isn´t really a "Christmas Spirit" it´s more of a party-time for everyone here. I also miss the snow. It´s going to be a bummer to not have a "White Christmas".
Elder Sosa got transferred out of our area. He didn´t go too far but he´s in a different place. He spent a good 6 months in this area. I´m staying here and I received my new companion, Elder Rupp, who is from Boise. Get this, he´s going to DIE in my area!! This is his last transfer in the mission. Crazy huh? That means I´m probably going to have a lot of time here, it could be another transfer after this one. FREAK!!
Well, that´s it for this week. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: