November 18, 2008

November 18

Hello everyone!!!
The time is really flying by!! I´m a little worried because I´m already accostumed to mission life and it´s only been 7 weeks in Argentina. The language is better. Everyone tells me I speak really well but I still don´t understand anything. It´s like I hear the words and I know what they mean but I can´t process it in my brain fast enough to answer. It´s a little frustrating but I don´t care anymore. I just try to say what I feel needs to be said.
Right now the mission is good. Elder Sosa and I are teaching a lot of people and finding new investigators everyday! Our main problem is getting people to church. It´s so disappointing to watch someone with a baptismal date not go to church because then we have to change the date and bring the hammer down on them. That´s our biggest problem. Right now we have 1 baptismal date (2 dates fell because of lack of attendance), and 1 baptism lined up for the next transfer. We´re pretty stoked! We were promised that if we did all of our contacts everyday we would double our baptisms. So far we´ve kept our end of the bargain and we are going to keep it up. I can´t wait to see the blessings come!!!
Nothing really crazy happened this week...bummer. I feel just a little bad that I don´t have anything really absurd to tell you. There was this one guy who, when I shook his hand, he kissed it...a little weird but nothing too dramatizing. I´m used to all the crazy stuff now and so it´s not as crazy.
I do have something awesome, in the last transfer our mission had 135 baptisms!!! That set a new record of baptisms in that transfer!!!
Anyway, stay strong and keep the faith!!!
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: