November 12, 2008

Nov. 11, 2008

Hey everyone!!!
Things are moving right along here! I just completed my first ever transfer!! How about that?! Let´s see, Nothing changed...I´m still in my area, La Perlita, and I´m still with Elder Sosa. I really feel bad for him because he´s put in 4 1/2 months here. We´re really trying to stay motivated together and make good things happen this upcoming transfer. We did come out of the last one with 1 baptism which was good but we want more!!!
The other day, I did my first anointing in Spanish. Elder Sosa told me everything to say but it was still good. It´s an interesting story. We did a contact with this guy and we were in the middle of teaching him when his wife came out and asked if we could give her sister (I think) a blessing. So we did and we used it as a good teaching lesson about the power of the priesthood. I hope something more comes out of that one.
This past week all I´ve heard is Barack this and Barack that. It´s kind of annoying but everyone here is really thrilled that Barack is president (because they all hate Bush) and hopefully that will help my rep out on the streets. One of the members told me, if I understood correctly, that Barack took a stand on marriage saying that it is only lawful between a man and a woman. If it´s true then great! I don´t know anything else about Obama but it sounds like he´s promised some big things...I hope it all works out.
Other than that everything is same old, same old. The language is still a trial. I understand a lot sometimes but other times it all goes over my head. Everyone says that I speak very well (but I think they´re all lying) and Elder Sosa and I have switched up the sections that we teach. It´s really hard for me because these people don´t know anything about the church or the bible or a lot of anything and so explaining things simply has been tough. Also, they seem to be content with their life and don´t really want to change. I thought once we told all the Catholics here that they don´t baptize the right way they would do something about it but no. Oh well, it´s just frustrating sometimes how stubborn people can be when you know that you´ve got something wonder to tell them.
Things are good and nothing has really changed. I still get fed a lot and Argentina is as hot as ever!!
Well, that´s all for now. Good luck to you all!
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: