November 4, 2008

Nov. 4th

Well everyone how´s the weather in America? It´s very hot here...the humidity just about kills me. However, it´s great for contacting because I can ask for a glass of water and then start talking to the people!! I´m understanding a lot more these days! It´s not all there but I can catch most of what´s being said and I´m really contributing to the lessons. I taught one all by myself the other day!! Just thought I´d give myself a pat on the back.
The mission´s treating me just fine. The missionary support is good in my area. We get fed every day for lunch and every now and then we get a dinner. Most of the people are willing to listen to us but once in a while someone says: "Te agradedezco" whichs means thank you (but "no thanks" is implied). I like to say "De nada" (your welcome) and keep on talking. It kind of funny until the person just walks away. So I´m coming up on 1, yep count it, 1 transfer!! Hoop hoop! I´ve got quite a few more, lucky me :) and I´m excited to see what the Lord has in store!!!
Oh I have a good story for this week. So my companion and I contacted this guy who told us that he knew a lot about the Mormons. He told us that his boss used to be a branch president but now has distanced himself from the church. That´s not the crazy part though. So, while talking about how Jesus healed people through his priesthood he piped up and told us that he´d seen his boss do that...only with slightly different circumstances. He said that his boss put his hands on a DEAD cat in the street and told it to get up and walk. Lo and behold the cat got up and walked away...yeah. We didn´t tell the guy that his boss probably shouldn´t have done that we just said, "Yeah, our church really does have that same power that Jesus has." Anyway, the lesson turned out really good despite the "healing of the cat."
Well, I wish you all luck with whatever ya´ll are doing.
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: