October 28, 2008

October 28

Hello everyone!
Yup it´s me again!! Well I don´t really have anything new for you all this week. The last week was really slow and little progress was made in our area. We did find a family of four that was pretty interested in our message. That was pretty cool. Anyway, this week is going to be a good one!! I´m really excited!! We´re going to commit 3 people to get baptized!! It´s going to be sweet!!!
Let´s see, on Sunday I had 2 lunch appointments in a row!! I thought I was going to burst after that! I get fed really good here to say the least. There isn´t really a main staple here. They cook a lot of different stuff. The thing I eat the most is Milanesa which is the equivalent of fried chicken strips. It´s a filet of breaded chicken that you cook in the oven. It´s pretty good. They also have beef milanesa too but I think the chicken is better. Also the empanadas here are awesome!! That´s basically a home-made hot pocket that actually tastes good! They fill them up with beef, chicken, or ham and cheese and add either potatoes or eggs to it. The ham and cheese is the best! I eat a lot of milanesa, empanadas, rice, potatoes, pasta, and eggs. I won´t ever go hungry here!!
Spanish is still hard. The people still speak fast but I´m understanding a little more. The other Elders here said they didn´t really understand everything until about 4 or 5 months in so I don´t feel too bad. I still get to teach parts of lessons and participate when I can. Man there are a lot of people who ask about America. All I tell them is "Barack Obama" and "No Sé (I don´t know)" which answers all of their questions. It´s pretty funny. Also, people here LOVE The Simpsons. I´ve seen 4 or 5 episodes while at dinner appointments. I don´t understand them but I´ve seen all the ones they show so I know what´s going on. ALF is pretty big and the other day a man asked me if I ever watched ¨Mr. Ed¨ That always makes me smile.
Well, that´s all for now!
Elder Page

No comments: