October 21, 2008

October 21!

Hey!!
Things are fantastic here in good ole Argentina!! I´m loving this place more and more everyday...well, except for the humidity. We´re coming into spring here (that´s right I get to skip a winter) and it´s looking really beautiful. The weather is nuts! It changes so fast. This morning we had a torrentional downpour and so Elder Sosa and I just stayed inside and had a long personal study. It was kind of nice.
My confidence in the Lord has grown so much here. I feel closer to Him everyday. I know that I can´t really speak Spanish and I am getting better but heck, I can barely understand what these people say. I thought Argentine Spanish was supposed to be clean but they cut off letters here and there and sometimes even words! I´m slowly adjusting to it. I can speak okay, but sometimes I forget words in the middle of a lesson and I feel stupid after but oh well. That´s why I have a native comp. He does a really good job of explaining what I want said.
As for cool news, we had a baptism on Saturday!!! The bishop did it. It was pretty cool to say the least. Oh, and yesterday we got a baptismal commitment too! Everyone´s really receptive to the gospel here which is a blessing but a lot of them struggle with smoking. We´re working with 2 people right now to get them to stop but so far no luck. We´ll keep on trying hard.
I didn´t really have any crazy experiences this week. I did get asked for drug money again and a bus almost hit me but that´s really it. Nothing really cool.
So things are chugging right along here and I´m loving every second!! Thanks for your prayers!!!
-Elder Page

1 comment:

Chris said...

That's awesome that Elder Page is doing so good! I am sure he is going to be one of the most effective in his mission. he is a hard worker and have great charisma about him!