October 14, 2008

Another Email!

14 October 2008
Dear peoples of America:
Argentina kicks butt!!! It´s a shame you all aren´t here...
Things are still up and running! We have a baptism this Saturday and we´re looking for more!!! I try and try to speak to people on the streets but I usually don´t understand what they say back. It´s a little frustrating but I catch more words everyday and I´m participating more in the lessons! Also, we have a baptism for this SATURDAY hoop hoop!! We have some other dates but we want MORE!!! Hard work really pays off in a way I never knew out here! It´s sweet to see the Lord answer prayers based on my faith and obedience because I´m ultimately determining how much the Lord can bless me out here.
Yesterday our mission got a visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson!!! It was the bomb!! We got to shake his hand and say hello and then he gave an inspirational talk!! His main point was that ´God uses the unusual to do the impossible´it was really good. We were going to go back to our area and work after the talk but one of the Elders lost his companion and we spent all night trying to figure out what to do. Elder Sosa and I just had him stay the night at our pench and we got it all taken care of this morning. It was pretty heart thumping!
I´ve seen some pretty crazy things already! Some I won´t say because they´re...well, inapproriate but the other day this guy stopped us on the streets and was just talking to us. Then when we said goodbye he tried to give me a kiss on the cheek (that´s what they do to say goodbye and hello here so don´t get creeped out!) but it´s not allowed for missionaries. I just gave him a funny look and didn´t let him pull me in with his death grip. It was interesting to say the least and even more weird because I had no clue what he was saying.
So I get fed a lot here. I´m going to get soo fat!! Wow I love the food and the people!! They´re all so talkative and I bet it will be awesome when I can finally carry on a conversation with them haha!!!
Anyway, things are well. Life is good and I´m loving Argentina!!!
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: