October 8, 2008

Coming from Argentina!!!!!

Hello there readers!!
Things are moving right along here in Argentina! I´ve officially been here for 1 week!!! Hooray for me!!
I had the opportunity to watch General Conference in Spanish...I didn´t understand a lot but what I did understand was awesome!!! What great leaders we have in the church!
For everyone´s info my companion and I are in an area called La Perlita. We have a lot of good stuff going on!! My 3rd day out we got a baptismal date with a lady named Monica. We taught her a short lesson about the restoration and then we committed her to be baptized!!
Yesterday, when we did a follow-up for her and she told us how the Bible is a good book but that it didn´t have everything that she needed...BAM! Right there we whipped out a Book a Mormon, read Moroni´s promise, and got her to commit to read and pray about it! It´s amazing to see how the Lord prepares people in a way that they readily accept the gospel!!
Anyway, we have 2 other baptismal dates, Carlos and Hector, and so we spend most of our time with those investigators prepping them for baptism. Carlos reads everything we ask him to and he´s fulfilling all of his commitments!!! Hector is really trying hard to quit smoking. He made it 5 days in a row this last week and he´s trying really hard to stop. I know he´ll be able to do it.
Wow, I´m so lucky to have this opportunity to teach and share the gospel with the wonderful people of Argentina!! I couldn´t have pick a better place to serve!!
The food here is absolutely awesome!! Words can´t describe how good it is and the ICE CREAM!! Holy cow I don´t know how they do it but it´s the best ice cream I´ve ever tasted!! This place is just too awesome!!
Anyway, that´s all for this week! Everyone stay cool and remember that the Lord can help you with ANYTHING if you ask Him and if you show the faith that´s required for it.
Later,
Elder Kevin Page

No comments: