June 28, 2010

June 28, 2010

Hey Everyone!!
Things are doing alright with the baptism goal. We annouced it in church and some of the members thought we were crazy so I shared with them some scriptures about faith. It was interesting. Our baptisms for this week didn't make it. We moved the dates for 24 of July, which is when they want to get baptized. Another one is smoking 20 cigarrettes a day. So, the elders before us didn't really help out as much as I had hoped. The area book is ridiculous and so out-of-date. We've spent the last week walking around clueless about where to go. I don't like white washes at all. I just wanted to work hard but now I have to take care of my district, plan everyday by myself, and guide an area that I don't even know. Elder Montierth is a good kid. He knows a lot and is progressing. I'm doing most of the work but I'm hoping that he'll step up without me having to tell him to do something. So, we are doing fine but things could be better. I've got 5 weeks to make the most out of this one so I'm not going to waste any time. We received a really great referral yesterday and we went with the family to give one of her neighbors the Book of Mormon. That made my day! I've never had that happen before. The area is good and we have found some great people but it is going to take more work to get them progressing. We have many possibilities but I don't know how good they are because we've just taught them all once. I pray that there are the elect people among them. We are working very hard and last week was a tough one as far as success goes. We didn't see much progress. But, we have the faith and we are being patient. Hopefully something changes quick. We still have a family preparing to be baptized. They have their baptism dates the 24 of July. We are passing by tomorrow to see how they are doing. The mother showed up to church alone and that worries me a little bit but I still have a good feeling about it. I can't really judge anything by the first week because we had a meeting all of Friday and there were 2 soccer games during the which we had to stay inside. That hurt also. It will all be fine in the end. I'm not too worried.
I will continue to work hard until the end! I'm giving it all I have and I will not go home with regrets.
Love,
Elder Kevin Page

1 comment:

sha said...

Love your blog, though haven't been on it too much♪ It's great to be so focused♪ and have baptisms set to go♪ Caralee lets me know you are doing great♪ yessir, that's the only way♪ Hugs♪