June 28, 2010

June 22, 2010

Hi Everyone!!!
So, it's been a very long time since I've sent an update. Sorry for that. Being in the office required more time and dedication that I had thought. Office elders are NOT lazy! So, now I'll give you the scoop.
Yesterday I did get transferred out of the office!! I'm glad to be back doing the normal missionary work. Sometimes the office just drove me nuts. Now I have all the time I want to focus on people. I now really appreciate the time that I have with investigators now. My new companion, Elder Montierth, is from Safford, Arizona. He has about 4 months in the mission. He's really cool and I'm happy to be working with him. We got whitewashed into our area, called Atalaya. That means 'light house'. We supposedly had 3 baptismal dates for this weekend but we went by yesterday and I could tell they weren't very firm. I'm praying that we can really set a date for this Saturday or even Sunday and help them feel ready. This transfer we have a goal of baptizing 14 people. It is an extremely high goal but I believe with all my heart that it is possible. I'm pleading with the Lord every night to grant me the desires of my heart. We are starting a special fast today after lunch and placing our plans in front of the Lord. I feel confident about the goal but I'm nervous about failing. I try not to think about it. Right now the mission is about to explode and I want to be a large part of it. For that, we have the goal of 14 baptisms. I want to complete with my goals and be the very best I can be. Obedience and diligence is the key mixed with hard work the company of the Spirit. Please pray for us to be able to do this and for our investigators. We are working with Erica, Rosauro (Row-sou-row), Juan, Kevin, and Roberto. We have plans to work with Beto and Abril. Pray for them too so that they feel prepared and worthy of being baptized. Erica, Rosauro, and Juan all believe the church is true but want to wait a month or so before getting baptized. We need them in the church now!
I hope you all enjoyed Father's Day. In our ward there were a ton of people that showed up. More than I had ever seen before! It was great. I all said goodbye to everyone in Haedo before the transfer.
I'm staying focused and I have never felt better than now. I feel like I have all the skills needed to blow apart this place. I'm working harder than ever and I am becoming more dependent on the Lord. My prayers have improved so much. The blessings of a mission are way too good. I just hope Heavenly Father is in agreement with our goal of baptizing 14 people. I feel that it is right and I want to do it so much. I pray that it is His will and that I am worthy enough for Him to trust me and work through me.
The mission is great! I don't want it to end but sadly it will. Please remember all the many blessing that the Lord gives us. I have learned to be more grateful for the little things that happen. Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week!!
Love,
Elder Page

No comments: