July 2, 2009

June 30, 2009

Hey Everyone!!
I hope you all are enjoying your summer break and the sun. It´s starting to get a little cold here in Argentina. It´s tougher to find people outside. I´ve noticed that Argentines are afraid of a couple of things here. 1) The rain. 2) The cold. 3) Americans - they all think we are CIA or something. Either way, the mission is still just great!! I had my interview with Pres. Benton yesterday and he said that I´m doing a good job! I haven´t done anything special, just work. That´s the key! Work and The Spirit. Together they can´t go wrong. My kid is doing good. I´ve learned a lot from him and vice versa. We´re doing very well together.Things are just fantastic still and I´m enjoying every second of these 2 years!!! We´re going to have a baptism the 4th of July so while you are all celebrating at home just remember how much I´ll be celebrating here! I´m glad to be on the mission. Some of the members also told me that Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett died. What´s the deal with that? It did leave some space for some "spirit world" jokes with the members. One little girl asked me, "Where´s Michael Jackson?" I whipped out a scripture in Alma that talks about the spirit world and had her read it. Then she said, "Oh, I bet he doesn´t like that" after reading about spirit prison. Okay, you can only get so funny in the mission. At least I laughed at it. Other than that, things are pretty normal. Time keeps ticking away on me. I´m getting a little nervous that I won´t have enough time to do everything I was hoping. Well, that´s all I´ve got for ya´ll this week. I hope you all have a spectactular 4th of July!!
Later,
Elder Page

No comments: