April 28, 2009

April 28,2009

Hey Everyone!
This week went just about the same as every other week. The days are long and the weeks are short. But still, the mission is good. We had our transfer meeting this Monday and...no changes. I´m still in my same area of MorĂ³n 2 and I´m still working with Elder Alvarez. So, I guess we´ll just keep working hard and try to get some baptisms. Right now our investigators are few. We have a family of Bolivians that are listening to us but they didn´t go to church. We also have another family that goes to church (the wife and kids) but the husband is a bum and doesn´t go. They aren´t married and she´s almost quit smoking so the baptism isn´t quite there yet. Either way, the work continues and if I´m obedient the Lord will put people in my path. I talk to everyone in the street and I get called a lot of bad names. I don´t know if I told you this but the other day I did a contact with a guy just sitting on his porch. Well, he told me to stop talking and that he would shoot me if I ever talked to him again. It was actually pretty funny because I didn´t understand all of what he said so I asked him to say it again. Yeah, I don´t think I´ll go by that guy again.
Other than that my area is pretty calm. Nothing really crazy happens. The big thing that´s even close to scary is all the diseases and sicknesses that are going around here right now. For a month or so a ton of people have contracted Dengue from the mosquitos and just recently a new sickness came here from Mexico. Apparently it´s some kind of fever that is getting everyone sick. But don´t worry I´m still fine.
So that´s my life in a nutshell right now. I´m just living in the mission routine and doing all that I can to help these people out. I´m still really excited to be on the mission and do my part in this great work. The Lord always takes care of those who are obedient. When you do what´s right there is nothing to worry about.
Well, I hope you all have a great week!!!
Elder Pag

No comments: