July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010

Hey Everyone!
Things are going fine in Mission Paradise. The mission is awesome as always! Elder Montierth and I are doing much better. The work is still slow but we are working with all of our might to get things rolling here. We are having problems with getting investigators to church and teaching with members. That has a direct link to it. We aren't doing so well with referrals either which only hurts us. But, we have great faith and are working hard. I'm still very focused and am working like a horse. I will not go home with any energy. If I do it means I didn't work enough. This week is our "Game Week." If we don't get people to church this week they can't get baptized before I leave. I so want to baptize everyone in this area. The people aren't extremely nice here but they aren't as mean as in other places. I'm happy and I'm just worrying about getting our investigators to church. That is the big goal for this week. We are working with two families right now. We haven't been able to get them all to church which is the problem. We have two baptismal dates for the 24 of July but we want the whole family to get baptized too. They are: Rosauro, Erica, Marinel, Bryan, Jordan, Kevin, and Estela. If we can get everyone going to church that family will be a blessing to everyone. They are from Uruguay and moved to Argentina for work reasons. They are great! Erica is the best and is going to church every week but nobody else is. The other family that we are working with is the Heredia Family. They consist of 7 people, 5 of which can get baptized. We had a wonderful first lesson with them but they didn't go to church and today they weren't able to listen to us. So, those two families are our big focus for the transfer. I want them all to get baptized and receive the blessings that are awaiting them. I think I need to be straight with them by being super bold and telling them all to get baptized and not try and do it the nice way. I don't really know what to do and I need some inspiration that I'm still waiting for. I know it will come and I will be patient. I just hope and pray that those two families will get baptized. That is my only wish right now.
So, that's all I have for this week. I hope you are all doing well. Please pray for us and all of the missionaries in the world!
Love,
Elder Page

No comments: